Suggested Grade Level
Approximate Time Needed
This task does not have any files/URLs associated with it.
Use your Career Exploration Visit handouts and notes to write a reflective essay about your visit.
Your essay should include:
- Why do a Career Exploration Visit?
- What did you learn through your research of the organization?
- What skills did you predict you would see in the workplace?
- What skills did you observe or hear about during the visit?
- How did your perspective about school and/or life change as a result of the visit?
- What new learning goals have you set for yourself as a result of the visit? How will you meet these learning goals?
- What conclusions have you made about workplace based on your visit?
This task should be given after students have completed the following lessons in the Career Exploration Visits unit and have participated in a Career Exploration Visit to a workplace: Lessons: Why Do Career Exploration Visits, Researching the Organization, Making Predictions, Skills for Success Observed, Checking Predictions
This activity introduces to students to career exploration visit plans and the Career Exploration Visit: Guide for Students.
This activity allows students to demonstrate how to answer research questions using print or internet materials that they have collected.
This activity allows students to make predictions about what they expect to observe and learn during the career exploration visit.
This activity allows students to identify the Skills for Success they observed at the worksite.
This activity introduces to students to compare what they expected to observe with what they actually did observe.
This activity allows students to evaluate their experience with the career exploration visits and workshops.
This activity allows students to prepare for professional introductions using best practices.
This activity allows students to learn and practice the skills to make a professional and favorable first impression.
This activity introduces students to tips and practices for writing thank you letters.